Monday, April 25, 2011

Rani Mukerji: Hot Pose



Actress Rani Mukerji is awaiting the release of her film. No One Killed Jessica in December, for which she shot in the Capital extensively.




On a recent visit to Delhi, the actress recalled her experience. “The only experience I can vividly remember during the shooting of the film is feeling cold during the Delhi winter. That is something we all Mumbaikars miss. That is also the one thing that made me feel like I’m in some foreign land – wearing all those warm clothes. To be in Delhi during the winters is truly a great experience,” says Rani, whose film is reportedly inspired by the controversial Jessica Lal murder case.



With no other film in hand, and her last release Dil Bole Hadippa having bombed at the box office, critics have said Rani’s days as Bollywood’s reigning queen are long gone, and younger actresses have replaced her. She retorts, “That does not affect me because when we were new, the critics said the same thing about senior actresses of that time. It’s just a cycle, which keeps on repeating. It’s best to keep doing what is good for your career. I am now at a point in my career where I am picking and choosing my scripts and there are directors who are writing scripts around me.”



Shooting down rumours around her marriage, Rani, who walked the ramp for designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee at the recently concluded Delhi Couture Week, says, “I haven’t thought about it right now. I will get married when the time is right.” Finally, can we expect to see her join Twitter anytime soon? “No plans of joining any social networking site as of now,” is all Rani has to say… for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment